Soft, Semifluid Coating Lubricant Lets You Go Green without Sacrificing Performance
LE’s Earthwise™ lubricants are specifically formulated to be earth-friendly while still meeting the rigorous demands of industrial applications. With these products, you can “go green” – and keep up with the latest environmental regulations – without having to sacrifice performance.
Earthwise EAL Wire Rope Grease (3353) is a certified Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL), recommended for use in applications on or near waterways. It meets the specifications required by the EPA’s Vessel General Permit (VGP). It is readily biodegradable, exhibits minimal aquatic toxicity and will not accumulate in the cells of fish and other aquatic life forms.
It is a soft, semifluid formulation designed to coat wire rope as well as moving chain and cable parts to ensure long life and smooth, quiet operation. Its semi-tacky, water-resistant characteristics enable it to adhere to the application and seal out damaging moisture and protect against rust formation. Its robust additive package, including LE’s proprietary Almasol® and Quinplex® additives, further helps it protect against wear, corrosion, impact, rust, and oxidation.
BENEFITS OF EARTHWISE EAL WIRE ROPE GREASE 3353
- Well-suited for applications in or around waterways
- Formulated with 100% biodegradable base fluid
- Meets VGP standard for aquatic toxicity
- Meets VGP standard for bioaccumulation
- Helps companies be good environmental stewards
Semi-Tacky & Water-Resistant
- Clings to metal surfaces, including moving parts
- Stays in place in presence of moisture for long service life
- Reduces wear to wire rope and all moving parts, including chains & cables
- Protects sprockets, sheaves & other wear-intensive areas
- Seals surfaces, protecting against rust and corrosion
- Shields against acid attack
- Softens shocks
- Enables metal joints and strands to move freely
- NLGI 0
LE’s proprietary additives are used exclusively in LE lubricants. Earthwise EAL Wire Rope Grease contains Almasol and Quinplex.
Almasol® solid wear-reducing additive is able to withstand extremely heavy loads, chemical attack and temperatures up to 1,900°F (1,038°C). It is attracted to metal surfaces, forming a microscopic layer but not building on itself or affecting clearances. Almasol minimizes metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction, heat, and wear.
Quinplex® contributes to outstanding water resistance, tackiness, and enhanced mechanical stability, and helps to form a barrier against corrosion.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS MET OR EXCEEDED
- US EPA 2013 VGP
- USDA H2
- Applications on or near waterways, including:
- Wire rope
- Chains (links, pins, bushings)
- Cables (sheave bushings, bearings & strands)
- Open and closed silent and roller chains
- Ideal for use in automatic wire rope lubricators
- Operating range: -29° to 200°C (-20 to 392°F)
- Not for high temps or when gear oil is specified
Thickener Type: Aluminum complex
NLGI Grade: 0