For highly efficient operation and protection against wear, rust and corrosion in rock drills, jackhammers and other air-powered tools.
Among the most severe demands on lubricants are those related to the operation of air activated percussion tools such as rock drills and jackhammers. Extreme service conditions include pounding, constant pressure, moist air; or, usually, all or a combination of these.
Unlike ordinary air tool oils, which require frequent replenishment, MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant possesses qualities designed specifically for more effective and prolonged service in the difficulties of properly lubricating air-powered tools.
MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant provides performance features superior to any ordinary commercial oils for use in this equipment -
- Contains MONOLEC, LE's exclusive wear-reducing additive, proven in radioactive wear tests to reduce wear by 24.2%; gives outstanding protection against frictional and corrosive wear.
- Uses 100% paraffinic base oil, with a higher natural Viscosity Index. Oil changes less in viscosity with temperature variations.
- Special rust and corrosion resistance additives give far longer equipment service life.
- Lubricity additive enhances essential oiling capacity for air-powered tools.
- Anti-foam agent breaks up air bubbles for lower operating temperatures and pressures and increased oxidation resistance.
- Emulsifying agent enables MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant to cling to metal parts where moisture is present.
- Adhesion additive works with emulsifying agent to hold MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant to the lubricated surface, providing lubrication even at high speeds and temperatures.
- Extreme pressure (EP) additive keeps metal surfaces from galling and welding.
- Additional anti-wear agent combines with MONOLEC for even greater film strength and anti-wear characteristics; enables MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant to withstand Timken OK load of 55 lbs.
- Inherently higher oxidation resistance prevents MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant from combining readily with air to form destructive by-products; a very important feature for air-powered tools.
- Selected viscosities to meet operating requirements of rock drills and similar equipment.
Lubrication Engineers operates under an ISO 9001 Certified Quality System.
- Much increased productive service from bearings and other moving parts.
- MONOLEC gives extended equipment life, saving replacement costs.
- Lower operating temperatures for longer maintenance-free service, through reduced friction.
- Far greater resistance to destructive attack of contaminants; wear resistance achieved by increased film strength; superior lubricity protects equipment.
- Elimination of erratic power for smoother and more efficient operation.
- Reduces rust and corrosion in equipment service.
- Provides fully effective lubrication at high speeds, loads, and temperatures.
- Increases equipment life and promotes easier operation even at full power in prolonged usage.
MONOLEC Rock Drill Lubricant passes Gardner-Denver wear requirements, with a carrying load of 300,000 psi, giving top performance under very heavy duty conditions.
Viscosity Index: 95
Gravity: 31.9 ºAPI
ISO Grade: 32
Timken OK Load, ASTM D2782: 55 lb
Equivalent SAE Grade: 10